Not a member yet? Register for free
The terms & conditions below aim to present the services provided (henceforth collectively: the "Services") on the website Roomlala.com and on the other following sites (henceforth collectively: the "derived Sites") : roomlala.com and chambrealouer.com as well as to define the rights and obligations of both parties.
Roomlala is an online platform that can be used by individuals who have rooms to rent or who are looking for accommodation in order to post ads and contact one another. These services are accessible on Roomlala.com as well as on any derived sites which reproduce or include its content (henceforth collectively: the "derived Sites").
The terms "Roomlala", "our", "us", or "ours" henceforth refer to Roomlala.com.
These Terms and Conditions are accessible and printable at any time from the "Terms and Conditions" page.
Certain parts of the site may be governed by other terms and conditions, norms, directives or policies published or can ask you to accept the general conditions which govern that part of the site. In the event of a contradiction between the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions and those governing a specific part of the Sites, these specific terms and conditions would take precedence concerning usage of that part of the Site.
If you do not accept the present Terms and Conditions, you do not have the right to obtain information or to continue to use the Site or the Services. Any use of the Site or Services in violation of these Terms and Conditions is liable to civil and criminal prosecution.
If you decide to post an Ad on Roomlala.com, you agree and accept that your relationship with Roomlala is limited to that of a Member and an independent third party and that in no case can you be considered an employee, an agent, a partner or co-contractor of Roomlala . You act exclusively in your own name and for your own interests and not on behalf of or in the name of Roomlala. Aside from the moderation of ads, Roomlala does not control and does not have the right to control your ad, your offline activities linked to your Ad or any other issues linked to any Ad posted on the site.
You understand and accept that you are not authorised to give the false impression that you are supported by, in partnership with or acting in the name of or on behalf of Roomlala, particularly in the case of using any of Roomlala's intellectual property in an inappropriate manner.
You recognise and accept that by accessing or using the Site or the Services, or by uploading or posting any content to or from the Site, you confirm that you have read, understood and accepted the presented Terms and Conditions. If you accept the presented Terms and Conditions in the name of a business, organisation or other person, you declare and guarantee that you have the right to engage the aforementioned business, organisation or person in the presented Terms and Conditions.
The Site and Services are operated by Webalterimmo, a registered company in France (SAS of €111,800 - registered at the Paris RCS - Company No. 512 477 662), intercommunity VAT number FR 70 512477662. Registered office: 42 rue des Jeûneurs 75002 Paris.
The Company Webalterimmo SAS represented by Philippe Roualle de Rouville holds a professional license n° CPI 7501 2016 000 014 825 in property management granted by the Préfecture de Paris on the 8 November 2011 (Guarantor instutition and liability : LLOYD’S – 8/10 Lamennais 75008 Paris).
Roomlala can be contacted in the following ways:
Address: 42, rue des Jeûneurs – 75002 Paris
Conforming to article R.121- 1 of the French Consumer Code, you have the right to cancel your Connect subscription for a period of 14 days after the activation of the paid services.
This entails the immediate cancellation of the Connect services and a full reimbursement of the amount paid.
Be advised that once these 14 days have passed, we cannot offer even a partial reimbursement.
Roomlala reserves the right to modify the Site or the Services or to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notification.
The Site and the Services are exclusively for the use of adults. Any use or access to the site by a minor is strictly forbidden. By accessing or using the Site or the Services, you declare and guarantee that you are over 18 years old.
The Site and the Services can be used to allow Members to post or view ads in order to connect with one another to arrange the rental of Accommodation. These accommodations are presented in ads published via the Site and the Services by Landlords. It is possible to view ads on the site without being a member of the Roomlala site, but in order to reserve an Accommodation or create an Ad you must create a Roomlala Account.
Roomlala is a community platform via which Members can post or view ads and interact directly with one another in order to reserve Accommodations. Roomlala is neither the landlord or owner of the goods: Roomlala is also not a goods provider and does not possess, sell, resell, provide, rent, manage or control the goods. Except with express indication to the contrary on the Roomlala platform, the responsibilities of Roomlala are limited to facilitating access to the Site and the Services.
Roomlala does not and cannot manage the content of ads, nor the status, legality or suitability of Accommodations. Roomlala precludes all responsibility concerning ads and Accommodations. Therefore, Members making or accepting reservations do so at their own risk.
In order to access certain functions of the Site and to create or post an Ad you must sign up to create an account (henceforth referred to as "Roomlala account") and become a member. To exchange contact details for a rental longer than 14 days, it is necessary for either the Landlord or Tenant to be a Connect Member.
You are responsible for the protection of your password. You must not reveal your password to any third parties and you are responsible for all activities on your Roomlala account, whether you have authorised those actions or not. You must inform Roomlala immediately of any unauthorised usage of your Roomlala Account.
As a Member, you are able to create and post ads. To create an Ad, you must provide various details about the Accommodation in question, notably including the location, capacity, size, characteristics and availability of the Accommodation as well as its price. Ads are made public via the Site and Services once they have been moderated. You understand and accept that the order and ranking of the Ads in the search results is dependent on numerous factors including location, trust rating and the search history of the Tenant.
You recognise and accept full responsibility for any and all Ads that you publish. Consequently, you declare and guarantee that any Ad that you publish and any Accommodation reservation made in connection with an Ad that you have published (i) does not violate any agreement with any third parties such as syndicate or housing association agreements, joint-ownership regulations, leases or rental contracts and (ii) (a) that any Ad and any reservation for an Ad or the Accommodation presented in an Ad that you have published conforms to any and all applicable laws, financial obligations, regulations and rules which could apply to any Accommodation presented in an Ad which you have published (including any required permission, licences and registrations) and (b) that any Ad or Accommodation reservation does not violate the rights of a third party. Roomlala does not accept any liability regarding the Landlord’s respect or non-respect of any agreement or obligation undertaken with a third party, laws, rules or regulations which may be applicable. Roomlala reserves the right to retract or deactivate the access to any Ad at any time and without notice for whatever reason, including Ad which Roomlala, at its sole discretion, considers to be questionable, contradictory of the Terms and Conditions or detrimental to the Site or Services.
Roomlala advises Landlords to purchase a specific insurance for the Accommodations that they offer. Make sure to read any insurance policy that you have bought for your Accommodation and ensure that you are aware of any exceptions and clauses, notably those which state whether or not the insurance in question covers acts or omissions of Tenants (or persons invited into the Accommodation by Tenants of the Accommodation) during their stay in your Accommodation.
Roomlala does not in any case act as a guarantor for a Member, an Ad or an Accommodation. These Terms and Conditions stipulate that Members must provide accurate information in their Ads. It is possible that, for the purposes of transparency or to increase the Trust Rating of a Member, Roomlala may request that you provide a form of identification, however this does not constitute a declaration, confirmation or endorsement concerning Members or their identities. It is however possible that, in cases of detected stolen identity, the profile of a Member may be deleted and banned from the Roomlala site.
The trust rating percentage on the site corresponds to information that the Member has provided themselves on their profile as well as the number of documents proving identity that they have provided but this does not guarantee anything else. The trust rating percentage does not constitute endorsement nor a guarantee on the part of Roomlala towards any Member egarding their identity or their reliability. The trust rating percentage can be useful in giving an idea of the personality, reliability and trustworthiness of the Member with whom you have been corresponding with.
By using the Site or the Services of Roomlala, you accept that any legal claims made following the actions or omissions of other Members is limited to a claim against the Members responsible for any injury suffered. Roomlala cannot in any case be held responsible for such acts or omissions. Roomlala encourages its Members to communicate as much information about proposed Accommodations and reservations as possible.
The Tenant is able to view all Ads online on the Site and can access this by performing a search using various criteria. Subject to certain provisions, the Tenant wishing to enter into contact with a Landlord is able to send them a Contact Request (henceforth referred to as "Rental request") in the form and technical methods deemed appropriate by Roomlala. The Landlord receives the Rental Request in their personal Account and can view the Tenant's profile.
As a Landlord, when a Tenant contacts you for a reservation request regarding your Accommodation on the Site, you can choose to accept or refuse the reservation request.
Be aware: accepting a Rental Request does not constitute in any case consent to the rental concerned, merely the acceptance of the Landlord to enter into discussion with the Tenant. The Tenant must receive a response to their Rental Request, positive or negative, in the 4 days following their Request.
The Landlord has access to the list of Tenants searching for a rental in their area and, subject to certain provisions, can find out their details.
It is the Tenant's responsibility to create search alerts in their Account in the form and according to the technical means that Roomlala judges the most appropriate to provide this Service.
The Tenant is informed and specifically accepts that their geographical location (once provided) and their profile can be accessed by or sent to relevant Landlords.
The Landlord can, on receiving the Rental Request in their Account, view the Tenant's Profile and is free to accept or refuse this Rental Request.
Members can access the Services either for free or as part of a subscription to Connect Membership under certain conditions:
• The Tenant can send a Rental Request to all Landlords who have posted an Ad on the Site for free. The Landlord can receive Rental Requests for free from all Tenants subscribed to the Site.
• The Tenant having subscribed to a Connect Membership has the ability to freely communicate with all Landlords subscribed to the Site and to send them their contact details.
• The Landlord having subscribed to a Connect Membership also has the possibility to communicate freely with all the Tenants subscribed to the Site and to send them their contact details.
• The Connect Membership is automatically renewed for Landlords. It is possible for Landlords to deactivate this option on their Account page. The Connect Membership can also be reimbursed in accordance with the conditions explicitly stated in the Connect Membership section of the Help centre.
• All Members can subcribe to a Connect Membership on the Account page and choose the subscription package and tariffs (including VAT) which they prefer. The Connect Membership is payable by credit card through a secure online payment platform or through Paypal. Roomlala reserves the right to suspend the Connect Membership in the case of payment issue.
• Payment of rentals is made online by bank card via a 3D secured payment platform. Roomlala will never ask you to make a payment by postal order and we recommend that all Members treat any request for this by another Member with suspicion.
No commission is claimed from Landlords for any transactions if they are Connect Members at the time of the transaction. Otherwise, 3% is charged from the landlord.
To cover the costs of the functioning of the Roomlala site, we charge a commission fee to Tenants for each reservation confirmed on the site. This commission, which is calculated as a percentage of the sub-total of the reservation (before taxes), can vary.
The exact sum of the commission fee is shown before the confirmation of the reservation. It can vary between 12-20%, but can be higher or lower depending on the specifics of the reservation in question.
The higher the sub-total, the lower the percentage of commission, as you generally pay a lower commission fee for rentals of a longer duration. The commission fee is included in the reservation information. The exact cost of the service will appear on the page before the reservation payment and on all receipts addressed to the Tenant.
Once the reservation is confirmed and paid, the amount is debited from the Tenant's account but the transaction to the Landlord is not made until 48 hours after the arrival of the Tenant at the Accommodation. In the case of transactions on Thursdays, Fridays or at the weekend, it is possible that the amount will not be visible in the Landlord's account until the following week.
The price of the Rental is sent to the Landlord by bank transfer, thus it is imperative that the Landlord has provided their bank details in the 'Profile' section of their personal space.
An online payment on Roomlala insures the rental in case of cancellation by the Landlord, in which case the Tenant is reimbursed the full amount.
In the case of a tenant’s cancellation prior to check-in:
More than 45 days before the arrival date: 60% of the rental amount is refunded to the tenant (minus commission).
Between 30 and 45 days before the arrival date: 45% of the rental amount is refunded to the tenant.
Between 20 and 30 days before the arrival date: 40% of the rental amount is refunded to the tenant.
Between 10 and 20 days before the arrival date: 30% of the rental amount is refunded to the tenant (minus commission).
Between 5 and 10 days before the arrival date: 20% of the rental amount is refunded to the tenant.
Between 2 and 5 days before the arrival date: 15% of the rental amount is refunded to the tenant (minus commission).
If the cancellation is made 48 hours before the arrival date: 10% of the rental amount is refunded to the tenant (minus commission).
Regarding the amount paid to the landlord:
More than 30 days before the arrival date: 10% of the rental amount is refunded to the landlord (minus commission).
Between 20 and 30 days before the arrival date: 15% of the rental amount is refunded to the landlord.
Between 10 and 20 days before the arrival date: 20% of the rental amount is refunded to the landlord.
Between 5 and 10 days before the arrival date: 30% of the rental amount is refunded to the landlord.
Between 2 and 5 days before the arrival date: 40% of the rental amount is refunded to the landlord.
If the cancellation is made 48 hours before the arrival date: 60% of the rental amount is refunded to the landlord.
If an Accommodation is inconsistent with the Ad or unsanitary, it is the responsibility of the Tenant to declare a dispute within 48 hours following their arrival at the Accommodation in the 'My Reservations' section in their personal space, in order to suspend the payment.
For rentals lasting more than 2 months, from the 2nd month, the scheduled payments are transferred to the Landlord no earlier than 48 hours after the payment’s due date, or 48 hours after the date the payment is made if this occurs after the due date, subject to Roomlala’s prior reception of the payment, each month during the entire rental period of the Accommodation. In general, by creating a Roomlala Account, the Landlord consents to a management mandate with Roomlala, with the purpose of receiving, in their name and on their behalf, all sums or values arising from the rental of an Accommodation put online onto the Website by the Landlord. This mandate is valid for the duration of one year, renewably tacitly year upon year for a maximum duration of thirty years. It can be terminated by contacting our Customer Service. The subject of the request being addressed via our contact form should state ‘Termination of mandate’.
In the event of material damage or theft, the Landlord is responsible for contacting Roomlala directly in order to enact the necessary compensation.
As a Tenant, you are obliged to return the Accommodation in the state in which you found it upon arrival. You recognise and accept that, as a Tenant, you are responsible for your own actions and omissions and for those of any person that you invite or give access to the Accommodation. Landlords can choose to request deposits in their ads.
Roomlala will not be involved in the creation of a Rental Contract. This Contract will be signed only by the landlord and the tenant. Thus, Roomlala is exempt from any liability (legal or otherwise), if any form of conflict, disagreement or grievance arises. Any problem derived from the aforementioned Rental Contract shall be resolved between the Tenant and the Landlord. In addition, Roomlala will not take any part in the negotiations concerning a request for deposit made by the Landlord, reflected in the Rental Contract or in any other type of agreement, and will not in any way act as a mediator in the event of a disagreement following the Contract.
Roomlala recommends that the Tenant, as well as the Landlord, carefully read the rental contract, or any other type of agreement created between the two parties as these documents will act as a basis for their relationship.
For long-term rentals, Roomlala reminds the Landlord and the Tenant each month that the deadline for paying the rent for the coming month is approaching. Roomlala also provides a secure payment platform for the Tenant to pay their rent online, and the Landlord to receive the rent once online payment has been made. This service is in no way covered by an unpaid rent guarantee. Roomlala disclaims all liability for unpaid rentals and will not act as an intermediary in case of unpaid rent disputes. Any problems with rent payments will have to be resolved between the Tenant and the Landlord linked by the rental.
At the request of the landlord, the intermediation of Roomlala in the payment of rents can be disabled if the Landlord and the Tenant have agreed on an early rental termination. This means that Roomlala will no longer send rent calls to the Tenant, will no longer allow the Tenant to pay their rent online each month, will no longer inform the Landlord when the Tenant has made the payment online, will not transfer the rent to the Landlord on their bank account, and will no longer provide rent receipts to the Tenant. Disabling the online payment of rent does not mean the rental has terminated. Any termination of the lease must be managed between the Tenant and the Landlord. In addition, Roomlala will not take any part in negotiations regarding the termination of the rental, and will act as a mediator during a disagreement. If the Tenant or the Landlord wishes to cease the tenancy, they are invited to inquire about the law and the terms of termination according to the type of lease.
A Tenant who is unsatisfied with their Connect Membership of 1, 3, 6 or 12 months is eligible for reimbursement if the following conditions are met:
• The tenant must have maintained their subscription for the duration of the Connect Membership (no refund will be made if the tenant’s account is deactivated before the end of the Connect Membership)
• The tenant’s profile photo must have been uploaded and accepted by our moderators at least 28 days before the expiration of the Membership
• The tenant’s proof of identity must have been uploaded and accepted by our moderators at least 28 days before the expiration of the Membership
• The tenant’s mobile number must have been uploaded and verified at least 28 days before the expiration of the Membership
• The tenant must have completed at least 5 rental requests
• The tenant must make a request for reimbursement to Roomlala within three days after the expiration of the Membership by navigating to the “History” tab under the “Connect Membership” section your account page. No applications will be processed after this deadline.
No reimbursement will be made if any of these conditions are not fulfilled.
• A Landlord who is unsatisfied with their Connect Membership of 1, 3, 6 or 12 months is eligible for reimbursement if the following conditions are met:
• The landlord must have maintained their subscription for the duration of the Connect Membership (no refund will be made if the landlord’s account is deactivated before the end of the Connect Membership)
• The landlord’s profile photo must have been uploaded and accepted by our moderators at least 28 days before the expiration of the Membership
• The landlord’s proof of identity must have been uploaded and accepted by our moderators at least 28 days before the expiration of the Membership
• The landlord’s mobile number must have been uploaded and verified at least 28 days before the expiration of the Membership
• The landlord has not received any accommodation requests
• The landlord must make a request for reimbursement to Roomlala within three days after the expiration of the Membership by navigating to the “History” tab under the “Connect Membership” section on your account page. No applications will be processed after this deadline.
No reimbursement will be made if any of these conditions are not fulfilled. The reimbursement is made within 25 (twenty-five) days of the request in the most appropriate manner.
The now defunct Connect Membership for life is not eligible for reimbursement.
A Member can unsubscribe from the Site and the Services at any time by following the specified procedure in the Help Center here or directly contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribing from the Services entails the deletion of the Member’s Account and, for Landlords, all ads that they have published on the site. If a Member unsubscribes from the Connect Membership before the end of the subscription, the Member will not be able to claim any reimbursement of the Connect Membership for the period in question.
Tenants and Landlords can choose to pay and receive payments in different currencies, which entails the necessary currency conversions. Although the Roomlala platform allows its Members to view the rental prices of the Ads in a wide number of currencies, there is a limited number of currencies in which customers can make payments and receive payments. The currency may not always be allocated by default according to the given geographical area.
You understand and recognise that you are responsible for your own behaviour in respect of laws, rules and regulations, as well as financial obligations which regulate your use of the Site and the Services. By using these, you cannot and accept that you cannot do the following:
• Breach of any regional, national or legal laws, regulations or court rulings, notably including any planning restrictions and fiscal regulations;
• Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, backdoors or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content;
• Access the Site and/or Services for commercial or other mean which are not expressly authorised by the Terms and Conditions or in a manner which falsely implies the endorsement of Roomlala, its Partners or otherwise misleads anyone with regards to your relationship with Roomlala;
• Dilute, tarnish or otherwise harm the Roomlala brand in any way, including through unauthorized use of the word Roomlala or derived terms in domain names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers, or registering and/or using domains names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers that closely imitate or are confusingly similar to Roomlala domains, trademarks, taglines or promotional campaigns;
• Violate the rights of Roomlala or any person, notably including their rights to intellectual property, private life, images or contracts;
• Interfere with or damage our Site or Services, including but not limited to through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, etc.;
• Use our Site or Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including but not limited to photographs of others without their permission, or personal information;
• “Stalk” or harass any other user of our Site or Services, or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as a Landlord or Tenants on the Roomlala Site;
• Offer, as a Landlord, any Accommodation that you do not yourself own or have permission to rent as a residence;
• Invite or solicit other Members of the Site in any way to use third-party services or websites which are competitors of Roomlala, without the express written permission of Roomlala;
• Assume the identity of any person or entity, falsify documents or make false declarations;
• As a Landlord, submit an Ad with false or misleading information, including tariff information, or submit an Ad with a Tariff that you do not intend to honour;
• Violate the Terms and Conditions;
• Engage in disruptive, circumventive, abusive or harassing behaviour in any area or aspect of our Site or Services;
• Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information) or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
• Use, copy or reproduce the Site or Services, the name Roomlala, all branding, logos and any other information exclusive to Roomlala as well as the coding and concept of any page content on the Site without the written consent of Roomlala;
• Monetise, sell or concede all or partial access to the Site or Services, as well as the information which is stored or shared on them.
Roomlala reserves the right to pursue legal proceedings in the event of any violation of the Terms and Conditions outlined here, as far as is permitted by the applicable law. Roomlala can also take a series of actions including the deactivation or deletion of your ads or your Roomlala Account in the case of violation of this article or the Terms and Conditions.
Roomlala reserves the right to modify any and all ads which may violate laws or regulations currently in effect, or which contravene these Terms and Conditions.
The Member agrees to compensate Roomlala for any damages suffered following the violation of these Terms and Conditions by the Member, and guarantees Roomlala against any complaints, claims and/or grievances made by third parties for this reason.
If you are staying with or hosting another Member who, in your opinion, is behaving inappropriately, notably including anyone who (i) behaves in a shocking, violent or sexually inappropriate manner, (ii) you suspect has stolen from you, or (iii) who has provoked trouble in whatever manner, you must immediately report this to the relevant authorities and subsequently to Roomlala, providing us with the police report number and police department, in the knowledge that your report does not oblige us to take any measures other than those required by law (if required) or cause us to incur any liability to you.
Roomlala acts as a host provider in the eyes of the law of the Confidence in the Digital Economy law passed in France on the 21 June 2004.
Consequently, Roomlala cannot be held accountable, in its role as a host, for the content belonging to third parties, and any claim must be directed towards the author of the content in question.
Roomlala declines all responsibility in the event of a dispute and/or any conflict between Members.
Roomlala commits to regularly monitor the functionality and accessibility of the Site. To this end, Roomlala reserves the ability to shut down access to the Site temporarily for maintenance reasons. Furthermore, Roomlala cannot be held responsible for any momentary difficulty or lack of access to the Site as a result of circumstances out of its control, force majeur or problems with the telecommunications networks, as Members are aware of the complexity of the worldwide networks and surges in the number of Internet users at certain times.
Services are provided by Roomlala as they are in their present form, with no express or implicit guarantee of any sort. Roomlala cannot and does not guarantee, represent or warrant to Members (i) that the Services, which are the subject of regular efforts to improve their performance and progress, will be totally free of errors, defects and faults, (ii) that the Services, being standard and in no way proposed solely to a given User according to his or her own personal constraints, will specifically meet his or her needs and expectations.
In all cases, it is the responsibility of the Member to prove Roomlala’s fault in order to challenge liability, which will be strictly limited to direct damages.
The Member acknowledges that the Services offered on the site are intended as an additional, but not alternative, solution for the purpose of increasing a search field in order to undertake a rental as well as increasing the visibility of an Ad for Landlords, and that this solution may not be substituted for other means that the User may have at his or her disposal for achieving the same objective.
The systems, software, structures, infrastructures, source codes, databases and content of all types (text, images, visuals, music, logos, trademarks, etc.) used by Roomlala on the Website are protected by all copyright, patent and other intellectual property rights in force. Roomlala reserves all rights in any such intellectual property. All forms of disassembly, decompiling, decoding, extraction, exporting, re-use, copying and, more generally, all forms of reproduction, representation, circulation, use of all or part of these components without Roomlala’s authorization are strictly prohibited and may lead to prosecution.
In accordance with French law N° 78-17 dated January 6, 1978 relating to Computer Processing, Files and Liberties, Roomlala declares the treatment of its Members’ personal data to the CNIL under the number 1519261.
Roomlala reserves the power to insert messages of an advertising or promotional nature onto any page on the Site and to associate them with any content posted on the page by a Member in a manner and under conditions which Roomlala alone will judge. In general, Members declare themselves to be aware that Roomlala may post advertising or promotional content on the Site.
Roomlala cannot in any case be held responsible for the technical availability of any third party internet sites which Members access or have access via the Site.
Roomlala does not take any responsibility for the content, ads, products and/or services available on such sites which are goverened by their own Terms and Conditions of use.
Roomlala is furthermore not responsible for any transactions undertaken by a Member and any advertiser, professional or vendor which the Member was directed to via the Site and will not in any case take part in any disputes raised with these third parties, notably concerning the delivery of products or services, guarantees, declarations and other obligations to which these parties are linked.
Any action commited on the Site which could be considered harmful towards a third party can form the basis of a complaint to Roomlala. This complaint must be sent to Roomlala at 42, rue des Jeûneurs – 75002 Paris.
Conforming to article 6 I 5 of the French law of 21 June 2004, the complaint must include:
• the date of notice
• the identity of the claimant (if the claimant is a person: their name, surname, profession, address, nationality, date and place of birth; if the claimant is an entity: the legal form, registered name, head office and the legal body representing them)
• the names and address of the recipient (in case of a legal entity, their name and head office)
• a description of the facts surrounding the dispute and their exact location
• the reasons why the content should be taken down, including any legal provisions and justifications of the facts
• a copy of the correspondence addressed to the author or editor of the disputed information or activities requesting their suspension, deletion or modification, or justification of why the author or editor could not be contacted.
Roomlala will have the ability to take any measures considered appropriate without obligation on their behalf and/or to forward the complaint to the relevant authorities.
Roomlala reserves the right to amend the present terms and conditions at any time.
Registered Members shall be informed of any terms and conditions amendment by all useful means before the new terms and conditions are effective. A User who does not accept the amended terms and conditions shall, before they become effective, unsubscribe from the Services. Members who are not registered on the Website and merely consult it are asked to regularly check the Website for the last effective version of terms and conditions, applicable to them as soon as they are effective. Any User using the Services after new terms and conditions have become effective is deemed to have accepted the changes.
By exemption from the above rule, when a Member has subscribed to a Connect Membership, he or she has the choice between (a) the enforcement of the terms and conditions that were valid at the time of the subscription or (b) the adhesion to the new terms and conditions. He or she has a delay of 15 days from the information related to the modification to make his or her decision known to Roomlala by all appropriate means. Without a response within this delay, the Member is reputed having opted for the enforcement of these terms and conditions that were in place when the Member subscribed to the Connect Membership.
With regards to the cookies used by our partners, you have the possibility of disabling our partners’ targeted advertising which appears while you are browsing our site. Please note that by selecting this option, you will continue to receive advertisements, but these will no longer be tailored to your interests.
Click on the following links to learn more about our partners’ practices and the choices they offer regarding cookies: Manage your cookies.
We collect data about your browsing activity on our online network of internet sites. We may also collect data from other sources, including your memberships and responses to surveys or competitions. However, we will not combine this data with personal information about you for sharing with any third party.
For example, we may collect information related to demographic, behavioural and usage patterns, collectively referred to as “Preference Data”. Examples of information collected are the type of content viewed online, geographical location of a user and specific searches undertaken by a user. Preference Data is associated with a cookie or pixel tag which does not allow any individual to be reasonably identifiable and segmented by interests or preferences: for example, location, gender, inferred age and online actions. Examples of segments are ‘males interested in cars’, ‘females interested in shopping’ or ‘households with 2 children looking for real estate’. A cookie or pixel tag allows particular types of targeted advertising or content to be delivered to particular segments.
For example, an advertisement for a motor sports event may be delivered to unidentified users within the segment ‘males interested in cars’ but not to unidentified users within the segment ‘females interested in shopping’. By targeting ads and content to unidentified individuals (such as you) only if you are within a particular interest or preference segment, targeted advertising and targeted content is intended to be more relevant or useful to you.
You may elect to opt-out of third party online behavioural advertising OBA on our network.
To opt out, go to Your Online Choices. Opting out means that the display advertising you see on our network may not be tailored to your interests or preferences and may therefore be less relevant or useful to you. If you would like to make a complaint in connection with Third Party OBA, you can also go to the site Your Online Choices.
You can also manage cookies on your mobile device or in your web browser privacy settings. See your device or browser FAQs, or Your Online Choices for more information.
For more information, see our Cookies Policy.
These Terms and Conditions are regulated by French law. Should the present terms and conditions be translated into one or several languages, in case of a contradiction or contest on the meaning of a term or a clause, the prevailing interpretation language shall be French. Should a dispute arise about the validity, the interpretation, performance or non-performance and/or the enforcement of the present terms and conditions, or otherwise about the Services or the Website, the parties agree that the only courts of relevant jurisdiction shall be those of Paris, France, unless imperative procedure rules state otherwise.